Saturday, June 7, 2008

Are You Thinking About Your Business?

Family Update

Oh my Gosh! Brennen is 4 months old now and so much fun. He smiles and laughs all the time. If you didn't know better you would think he sipped the cider (Ha ha). Seriously, he just has the best personality. I was down on the floor with him the other night watching him move around like crazy. What a joy it is to watch him develop.

My daughters, Jae and Bailee, just love playing with Brennen. They think he is a blast to play with. Both of the girls finished their first basketball camp of the summer. They had a great time. It was the perfect camp for them to attend because it was only one hour and fifteen minutes in length. They met new friends and learned great skills to practice. As a coach, I thought the camp was well run.

Jenn and I are working hard at all our various businesses and making sure we are enjoying our family each and every day. We are preparing to spend some time in NY at the LTSA.

Are You Thinking About Your Business?

You're probably wondering what I am talking about. As you may already know, I have done a tremendous amount of self-education on strategies to grow our businesses over the past few years. I have also searched out some of the top business coaches that fit my needs. This has really led me to always think about my business, the direction it is going and the direction I want it to go.

I have coached athletes as a sport coach and an strength and speed coach for 20 years. I made money when I worked with athletes. But didn't make a dime when I wasn't working. This became tough on me because I started to miss time with my daughters and wife. Several years ago I started to produce DVDs and other information products that allowed me to make some extra income while I wasn't actually working. This has been a welcomed addition to my businesses. But there was something I was missing....

I started to think more about my business and began learning all the avenues I could to better serve the industry of athletics. Many people have different wants and needs and liked the information that I was sharing. I began to look at my products and realize the different avenues each product could take and at the same time, meet the needs of all the different coaches, trainers, athletes, parents, and professionals in many fields.

This is what I mean by "Are You Thinking About Your Business." Don't just go to work everyday and work in your business. You need to be working on it. You need to be trying to discover all the ways you can get your information or your products out to the people who want them.

Let me give you a quick example. You decide to offer a speed or sport camps in the summer and there are many athletes or coaches that would like to attend but are unable due to other commitments. If you film your camp they can purchase your valuable information by purchasing a DVD from you. You can also make a manual of the information. You now have two sources our your information for those people unable to attend your event. This is a simple example, but one that may get you thinking a little more.

Learning to think differently about my business has taken my excitement to a new level. I see all the possibilities now. I see what can happen if I open my eyes and see what is in front of me.

You might be wondering why I am even talking about this. I have had so many people over the past few years contact me and ask many questions about my businesses. I simple wanted to share something that might open your mind to how you should view your current business.

If you are interested in learning more, then check out my http://www.speedinsiders.com/ Speed Insiders Program. I give lot's of information about speed development and coaching. I also share valuable information on business development. My Speed Insiders program has actually led me to begin a Coaching and Mastermind Program. I use the approach of getting fast results with my members. This is only fora program for the highly motivated "direct target approach people" who want results fast. If you want more info on my coaching and Mastermind proram, info@sportsspeedetc.comt and mention the Platinum Exclusive Coaching and Mastermind.

I hope you have a great week and accomplish a lot!

Yours in Speed,

Lee

PS: If you are already a Speed Insider...look out! You will be receiving a great coaching video this month. If you are not currently a Speed Insider and would like to find out more, visit http://www.speedinsiders.com/ ...join for 2 months FREE...simple take it for a test drive.

No comments: