Monday, June 2, 2008

Another Awesome Summit!

Hello,
I just returned home from Providence, RI where I presented at the Perform Better Summit. It was outstanding as usual. I always look forward to meeting new people and talking during the breaks or in the lobby. That is what these events are all about.

Of course, I always enjoy catching up with all the other presenter and the Perform Better gang. Chris Poirier is such a classy man and has such a wonderful staff. They are the best!

Chris hosted a nice dinner where we all were able to enjoy some good eats and share time together. That is what I love about this industry. Most people are willing to share their time with you and just lay back and enjoy the moment. Good time!

Re-Thinking Multi-Directional Speed

I had such a good time presenting my topic on multi-directional speed. What I liked was so many people came up to me and said what a difference my techniques and approach made to them over the past year or more. You see, many of these people saw me speak last year or in the years before that. They were able to take the information and implement it into their sports teams or training programs. I love hearing people actually take action and implement the information.

One attendee that spoke with me after my presentation told me last year when she heard my presentation, she went back to her soccer club and re-taught how goalies move. She said one girl went from an average to sub-par goalie to one of the top goalies around. She then followed this up by helping another goalie reach to status. That makes me feel incredible. Not only because the techniques work (I know they work so is why I have preached them for 20 years), but more importantly because she took action and made changes. She even did this when all the other goalie coaches are preaching a different technique and have been for years. She will make many more athletes successful along the way. Yes!

One of the key points I spoke about was how my techniques are based on natural instinct and body re-organization in space. The body is so incredible at innately figuring out angles to accelerate and decelerate the body. We as coaches need to stop trying to change this.

Some times coaching is about finding something new rather than embracing what already exists. When we understand this concept, that is when we see the athletes move the best. Also, when we allow athletes to move naturally it makes the job of assessing much easier. But when we add fancy un-needed techniques we are not sure what the real problem is when one exists. Natural movement allows for clarity.

Speed Insiders

Another great thing about this weekend is that I saw many Speed Insiders. This is a great thing because I know they are willing to invest in themselves to keep improving their knowledge. Being a Speed Insiders is about gaining usable nnowledge, things that can be put to use immediately. So, when a Speed Insider invests to attend a clinic I know they are into taking action. this means the information they get from http://www.speedinsiders.com/ will be valued and used.

If you haven't tried my Speed Insiders proram yet but would like to, simply go to http://www.speedinsiders.com/ and give it a try for 2 FREE months. If you are not satisfied, you may stop being a Speed Insider at any time. Since beginning my Speed Insiders program there have been very few that have quit my program. I have no problem with those whom choose to quit, but I know they are the ones who don't understand the Law of Slight Edge. This states that all you need is one idea to improve any part of your business, programs, life or what ever is important to you. I have based all my investments into coaching, books, DVD's, CD's, seminars, clinics and consultations on the law of the slight edge- believe me, it works!

Yours in Speed,

Lee

PS: Don't forget to sign up for 2 FREE months of Speed Insiders at http://www.speedinsiders.com/

No comments: