Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day after the BIG DAY

I know you are all on the edge of your seats- so I won't keep you waiting any longer. Bailee's Birthday was a big success. She turned 8 without any glitches. Guess what the big gift was this year? I will give you a hint. Her father has a "Achy Breaky Heart." Did you guess it? it was HANNAH MONTANA STUFF. I am sure you all got that one right:) We even ate our dinner on Hannah's plates- Yessss! OK. you can all go about your daily routines now that you know Bailee's Big Day went just fine.

This Morning

My wife and I have our weekly call with our business coach. He has helped us so much it is unbelievable. He has helped us create a game plan to realize our goals- or at least get us working toward our goals.

I have always been a big fan of having a coach. I have hired coaches on and off, but never realized the benefits until now. The funny thing is I have been a coach of sports, athletic development, and business development for many people and just never realized the value of what I was doing because I loved doing.

The great thing about having a coach is that they see things in your that you can't see. You get too close to your stuff and it becomes difficult at times to be objective. There are so many coaches in your life if you just look around. Your parents, other family members, friends parents, teachers, high school and college coaches and the list goes on. Don't be afraid to get a coach- life gets easier when someone else helps you through life.

Lee Taft Speed Academy

The speed academy is primed for a great 2008. We have a new membership system in place that will be such a huge benefit to our members. I am excited to offer the new Gold Membership. It is basically a family membership in which the entire family gets use of many of the benefits packaged in the program.

Since I opened my first facility in 1994 I have always believed that I am not just training the athlete- I am taking on the entire family. That is why I have always had chairs right on the training surface for parents, grandparents, and friends to sit and watch. Many times during a workout I will sit with the parents, if Kyle or Jon are teaching a class, and talk to them so they can ask questions about what it going on with the training. This makes them apart of what their son or daughter is doing.

The New Gold Membership is a way for me to involve the entire family even more. They get to share in all the benefits that get sent to them monthly or when they are at the facility. More on the membership later...

Have to go now

Jenn and I have our coaching call in 10 minutes so I will get back with you tomorrow or the next day. I want to share with you some great speed techniques that will help your athletes performance.

Yours in Speed,

Lee

No comments: