Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Enjoying Precious Family Time

Hello,



Welcome to my first edition of my Blog!

Warning! You will find some huge grammer, spelling, and Plain old goof ups with my writing style. I write like I talk and that isn't so hot. So if you don't like how I right- Tough, Cuz I aint doin nothing ta fix it:)

The Family

As many of you know I have opened the Lee Taft Speed Academy in Northern, NY- Queensbury to be exact. But, my wife and I own a home in Indiana. Guess where my two girls, Jae and Bailee, go to school? Indiana! That's right. I have spent most of the last year and a half in NY running the speed academy while my precious family in living in IN. They did come and stay in NY for this past summer though. So, you can imagine how much travel I do to get back to spend quality time with my wife and girls.

Well, today is December 18th and I am back in Indiana with my family. This is a speical day because it is my daughter Bailee's 8th bithday. She is so excited and that makes me excited. Last night she kept bugging Jenn and I to open one gift before her birthday- no such luck though. You see, we have started a tradition, well I should say I started a tradition, of opening one gift on Christams Eve. Jenn needed some convincing by the girls to adopt this new tradition. But Bailee felt it would be a great tradition to start opening one gift the night before her birthday. Can't blame her for trying.

Those of you who know me pretty well know how much I hate being away from my family. Both Jae and Bailee played volleyball at the YMCA and i missed most of their games- that killed me! Then Jae had basketball season and I was only able to make 2 games- Ouch! But, I will be spending some long quality time with them starting in January 2008. I have actually signed up to coach both my daughters in their basketball leagues- YES!

There are a couple reason I can be home for a long stretch now. First, I have two great assistants that run the LTSA in NY. Kyle, who is the assistant director of the entire LTSA is a terrific worker. He is truly on top of his game and does such a great job training the athletes and handling all the details. Jon, who is my director of baseball training, my adult and youngsters training, and is also in charge of field rentals is a wonderful addition to the LTSA. Both of these gentlmen handle the academy so well. The second reason I am home for a long stretch, and this is the most important reason, is that my wife and I are expecting our third child, a little boy- will Jenn hopes it's little, the end of January. I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

Names for our son. If it was up to me we would have already chosen a name. I like Samuel, Samual Taft- I like it. We could call him Sam, Sammy, the Samster, "Stop it Sam", but of course my wife only thinks of the character "Sam I am"- so she doesn't like it. She has a name picked out but not totally sold yet. Plus I want to be able to pronounce the name she picked out well.

I love hearing what others think about names. Give me a shout at info@sportsspeedetc.com with a name you like.

Sports Speed, Etc.

What a great year we have planned at Sports Speed, Etc. Jenn and I and our staff have worked our fingers to the bone and will continue to so we can bring you better service, more great information, and outstanding products.

Some of the things that we have planned (stay tuned- You will be hearing more if you haven't already) will give you the chance to expand your knowlege and speed up your business growth and technical training of athletes.

Most of you have heard of the Athletic Speed Formula Seminar. It was a big success and I am so thankful to the participants and all the people that inquired and wanted to come but due to scheduling were unable to. We are going to have the Spring Athletic Speed Formula Seminar scheduled within the next week or so. Keep posted so you can register right off. I am only allowing so many participants due to the teaching and interaction aspect of the program.

If you are unable to travel to the Athletic Speed Formula Seminar I do have the Athletic Speed Formula in a Box. This is a great home study course that will allow you to learn and use my athletic skill techniques, coaching intervention system, progression system, warm up system, and so much more. Go to http://www.athleticspeedformula.com/ to learn more.

Lee Taft Speed Academy

If you are ever interested in coming and visiting us at the LTSA just let give us an email at info@LeeTaftSpeedAcademy.com . We have some great new things occuring in 2008.

Kyle, Jon, and I have developed our hour long training sessions to be extremely effective at accomplishing:


  1. A complete warm up

  2. Stability and balance work

  3. Multi-directional speed techniques

  4. Power or specific speed endurance

  5. Strength training

The workouts alternate between different patterns of movement and skills. The athletes get a great chance to learn and improve each and every day.


GOTTA GO


I have truly enjoyed my first day of blogging, but I have to get ready to go to my daughter birthday party. We are having it at my wifes mom and dads house. I will let you know how Bailee's party went because I know you are dying to find out:-)


Yours in Speed


Lee

4 comments:

Anthony Renna said...

Hey Lee, Welcome to the "blogosphere"! Love your newsletters but I like the blog format better so I am looking forward to checking back. Congrats and good luck with the little guy on the way and have a great holiday! I put a link to you on my blog as well, www.BetterGolfwithFitness.com.
Hope to speak to you soon,
Anthony Renna

Spida Hunter said...

Kia ora (hello) Lee, congrats on your third on the way! Names... well my name Spida is nothing to go by lucky it's not my real name :-)

Anyway brother look forward to hearing/seeing your new edition to the family!!

Talk soon,

LT said...

Thanks Anthony and Spida! Some people have asked if our son shows any sneakers on his feet during the ultra-sounds:) Jenn says she has seen sneakers yet but he must be doing some lateral shuffles in her tummy some nights.

Anthony once I figure out how to make a section for links I would love to have yours on my blog. Any suggestions on how;-)

Lee

Tim Vagen said...

Lee...
You are truly getting bigger and bigger. Now I know you have reached elite trainer status: You have a BLOG!.

Congratulations on a sucessful 07 and to many great things in 08!

Yours, with Blog envy....

Tim