Thursday, March 13, 2008

On-Line Videos are Going Live

Hello!

I hope you are having a great week. I know it is so nice to finally feel spring coming. We have had two great weather days in a row- WOOHOO!

My girls and I love to go out and play around on days like this. I look forward to shooting hoops with them in the driveway. Although before we can even shoot baskets, I have to purchase a new hoop because last fall a big storm came through and crushed mine- I guess that is part of living in Indiana.

Teleseminar Coming Next Week

I am anxiously waiting for next weeks teleseminar. March 19 at 7pm est, I am hosting a live teleseminar, "The Social Training Effect" - The Secret to Maximizing Youth participation. So many people will look right past this type of information and want more of the big bells and whistles. I am going to tell you this; I have been working with young athletes for 20 plus years and the information I am going to share with you is so important with helping kids become involved and staying involved in your programs. Like I said, I have had a lot of time to find out what works so join me and discover the 7 Keys to maximizing youth participation. Go to www.LeeTaft.com/freeteleseminar and sign up now. It is FREE and filling up fast!

Speed Insiders is a Valuable Resource

The Speed Insiders program is only a few weeks old and has already given out a lot of information that can be put to immediate use. Last night we sent all of our Speed Insider Members the first of many videos. I spent the first video answering speed technique questions that I often receive from coaches. What I like so much about being able to send the Speed Insider Members a video is they can use that information instantly with their own training classes or PE classes.

Why I am so excited about the Speed Insider Membership is that I can really interact as much as possible with my members. The video's will be a way for me to answer their questions by showing them how I teach skills or use concepts. I can also show them some of my unseen training methods that I use at the Lee Taft Speed Academy in New York.

This first video was on how to move the feet to re-direct the body in a new direction from shuffling laterally to moving forward, coming out of a jump stop and moving in any direction, and finally I showed the linear deceleration move when needing to retreat back quickly. The role of the drills is to show the concepts of movement and how the feet do what is needed to move the center of mass in a new direction. I want coaches to train off principles of movement and use concepts that work- not the old information that has no underlying reason for using it other than that was how they were taught! The Speed Insiders is about giving you quality information you can use and your athletes will benefit from.

Go to http://www.speedinsiders.com/ to get 2 FREE months of membership. Try it out- no risk to you at all.

The Marketing Clinic

I am often asked how I present my marketing clinics with schools or organizations. This is something I came up with many years ago as I was building my speed camps and trying to get interest in my training facility.

The marketing clinic that I developed follows a simple system of allowing me to share great information to the athletes and or coaches. It is a win win for everyone. The key is to do it right so they appreciate what you are giving them. If you make the mistake of going into the clinic with the mind-set that your are going to sell them and tell them what you are about and what you want- you are going to fail and probably shouldn't be doing clinics in the first place.

It is all about creating a solid relationship with the coaches, AD's, youth organizations, and athletes. They need to know you are about them and that your information is to help them.

When I go to a school to present a marketing clinic, the athletes and coaches have a great time and remember me. My system is set up so they know who I am by the time I leave and they are feeling great about what they just learned. They know going in that I am only going to be able to share so much info in an short clinic. If they want more I always give them the opportunity to follow up with me and use my services in any way they need.

I will be sharing much more on how to organize and conduct a Marketing Clinic that can help you and the group you are marketing to.

Yours in Speed,

Lee

http://www.speedinsiders.com/
http://www.leetaft.com/

No comments: