Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What A Great Day, My Father and Son....

I can't even begin to tell you how much joy I had today when I brought my son Brennen to see my father for the first time. You see, Brennen is only 31/2 months old and we live in Indiana. My father lives in NY. I am in NY this week for my Athletic Speed Formula Seminar. Jenn and Brennen came with me. Obviously, I haven't had a chance to bring my son to see my Dad yet. It was a great experience.

My Dad is will be 89 years old this summer and his health has been failing for several years and you just never know when his time will pass. I was so afraid he would never get to see my son. Well, today was a great time for us all.

My father's eyes light up so much when he say Brennen. Boy, was that a great feeling. Brennen stared at Dad and he gave my Dad one of his quick little smiles- it was almost like he knew it was his Grandfather. Wow! What a neat moment.

I placed Brennen on my fathers stomach and chest and he layed back into my father's left arm and was just so content, at least for a few minutes. See, my Dad has little use of his right arm due to a stroke he suffered this past winter- but he tried his darnedest to bring that arm over to Brennen so he could touch him.

This was time with my Dad and son together was especially important to me because when my youngest daughter, Bailee, was born in December of 1999, my mom passed away the summer of 1999. She never got to see Bailee. Having my Dad meet my son was extra special to me because of that.

It's funny, I have a huge weekend coming with my seminar and for that time I was with my Dad and having him see Brennen, my seminar was the furthest thing from my mind. It is amazing how we become caught up in the day to day of running our lives and business- yet the time I spent with my Dad and Brennen made everything seem so unimportant.

I know this blog didn't teach you anything about speed or strength development or give you any business advice or goals to strive for to improve your business, but hopefully it inspired you to go visit someone special and spend some quality time with them. I am sure glad I did!

All the Best,

Lee

No comments: