Friday, August 8, 2008

It Is Great To Be Home

It has been an extremely busy summer. The bad news is I spent most of the summer away from my family while doing lots of work at the Speed Academy in NY. The good news is I was doing lots of good work at the Speed Academy in NY. I must admit- it has been so nice being back home with my wife Jenn, little son Brennen and my girls Jae and Bailee.

In just the short time home I have had so much fun taking time to go to the playground at the girls school and just playing with the girls. Usually when we go over to the school I will give them obstacle courses so they can see how fast they can get it done. They always want to be timed.

I have been taking them to the local new water park. I also just signed up to be there coach for volleyball at the YMCA. I can't wait. Then coming this fall the elementary school assistant principal wants me to be the director of the girls intramural programs. I am going to meet with him on Monday to see how much of a time commitment it is. I would love to help with the intramural (I definitely want to coach the girls more than direct the program- but if I can help I will) but if my travel schedule is fairly heavy (Like it is in November) I will have to have lots of help to cover me when I am gone.

At this stage in my life I love the direction our businesses are going, I love the fact my daughters are getting involved with lots of athletic, arts and crafts, community events, and social events. It is what life is about for me. I like being busy but because I own my businesses I can make choices as to when I work and when I play.

Let's take yesterday and today for example. Both Bailee and Jae had a friend spend the night. They played water fights for a couple hours yesterday and then came in and did some projects. They watch "So You Think You Can Dance" to see who the winner was, then headed off to bed. This morning I made Pancakes (each girl wanted their first initial made out of a pancake, lucky for them I am an expert pancake initial maker or is it initial pancake maker). Then after lunch Jenn is going to take them to the water park (I will head over later after I get some more work done and then do a quick workout at the Gym). I can't think of a better time.

I started my day by getting up early, going for my usual walk (it helps loosen my up and gives me good thinking time to get set for the day). I came back and did some writing, and work on a really big project soon to be launched, then made breakfast. After breakfast the girls went outside and had round 2 of the water fights- this was a great time for me to get some more work done.

I know I am going on and on about stuff you probably don't care about. I just wanted to share with you why it is so good to be home.

It took a lot of work, and there still is lots more to go, but I have set my life up to be how I want it. I control what goes on. There are things that I have to do that I don't particularly care about doing, but 95% of my life is set up how I want it. Because I invested so much time in learning how to get to this point and run my life and business the way I want it- I can choose to do things the way I want them. I created http://www.speedinsiders.com/ so I can provide you with great information each and every month and allow me to do things on my schedule.

Don't worry, next time my blog will have stuff you want to read about. Thanks for letting me share a little about my home life with you.

Yours In Speed,

Lee

PS: If you want to learn more about how to create programs that will set your athletes up for SUCCESS and create a successful business strategies you want to go to http://www.speedinsiders.com/ to get 2 FREE months to see why so many people love being a Speed Insiders member.

No comments: