Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lessons Learned From The Highly Successful

Brennen is crawling! I know...what's the big deal. Well, to you it really doesn't mean much but to the Taft Family it is pretty cool to see him develop. I have been meaning to video his stages of development as a teaching tool on how we move. It is amazing how he slowly develops the ability to balance. He even sits up easily without falling over on his "noggin". Jae and Bailee get the biggest kick out him. He is a fun little boy to watch.

Returned Home From A Great Coaching Session

I arrive home early this morning from my coaching and Mastermind group. This time we met in Arizona. Boy, was it a good one. Let me explain. I have been moved up to the top mastermind group because I am developing my businesses at a fast rate and I needed to be challenged with some high rollers. The mastermind group I am a part of has some highly accomplished business people in it. One member, Craig Duswalt, was Axel Rose's personal manager. He now owns a successful talent agency. Another member, Francine Ward, is a highly accomplished author, attorney, and business women...she is incredible. The list goes on and on of wonderful personalities and business minds.

The learning point for me from this two day intensive mastermind was all successful people are disciplined in their business. This mindset of being disciplined is apparent in the best athletes in the world as well. We are all witnessing some of the world's greatest athletes on the greatest stage- the Olympics. These athletes have been disciplined enough to train hard for 4 years to compete at the Olympic Games.

The key points I learn from highly motivated and goal driven people is that they do what has to be done even when they don't feel like it. When they are tired or just not up to doing work, the top successful business people get it done. The best athletes that are aiming for a high goal get up and train even when the sun has not risen yet.

What I have noticed with many top achievers is they schedule everything. They allow for flexibility but for the most part everything is scheduled. For example; they will not only schedule daily work tasks, but free time and errands as well. They will put distinct time frames to each appointment. So, if an article needs to be written and they only allow 30 minutes on the schedule, then they are done with the task when the 31st minute comes.

I have adopted this mindset in my business life with some modifications to fit my personal style. I must tell you, if I had used this method of disciplining myself as a young high school or college athlete I can only imagine what I could have accomplished. I don't like to look back, but if this method was used in my business life many years ago I would be sitting on the beach writing this blog from my beach front home in Hawaii.

So, the lessons I learned from being around highly successful people have charged me up to do even a better job of disciplining myself. Being around these successful people is like the athlete that chooses to play with the older more talented athletes. You are forced to play at a higher level or you will be buried.

I personally love the challenge.

Yours In Speed,

Lee

PS: If you are ready to take action and discipline yourself, then visit http://www.speedinsiders.com/ and become a member of a fast pace program that will help you grow your programs and businesses. Don't settle for less than you can accomplish.

No comments: