Sunday, January 13, 2008

UPSET CITY- or was it...

Wow. Did you watch this Sundays NFL playoff games? As you know, I live in Indiana as well as in NY. I watched my home town Colts play a poor game and handed the Chargers the game. I also watched my other home town team, the Giants, take one from the Cowboys. What a great couple of efforts by the underdog teams. It just goes to show you that when you are dealing with athletes as talented as these guys any team can win at any time.

I certainly would love to see the Giants pull it out and go all the way- but if they don't I have to say I am rooting for the packers and the rejuvinated career of Brett Farve. He is amazing. He plays the game with such enthusiasm and love it is refreshing to see.

Do you think the Pats have an easier road now that the Colts are out? I think the Colts style was tough for the Pats to deal with and I bet they are relieved. It will be fun to watch the rest of the playoffs play out.

Busy Week

This is my first full week back in Indiana and things are really heat up. I have several coaching calls, meetings for a potential smaller version of my speed academy in Indiana, new product creations, a couple interviews, several articles to write, mind mapping of a new product that I am super thrilled about, basketball practice with my girls, shipping of many LTSA Gold Memberhip packages to the New LTSA Gold Members, and a few organization items- and that is Monday (Ahh- just kidding). I do have a tremendous amount to accomplish this week, but that is my typical schedule every week.

I have taken on a philosophy I learned from many of the top marketers and business people in the industry- work fast and do a lot. Last year I purchased the DVD "The Phenomenom" by Dan kennedy. It is the way I now run my business. I do more in a day than I use to do in week. Dan has a saying something like this "Good things come from a Messy Kitchen". Basically he is saying get working on many projects and keep them moving along until complettion. When I use to concentrate on one thing at a time it drove me nuts and I never seemed to get anything done. I would always be thinking about something else I had to do. So now I do those other things at the same time.

Let me give you an idea of what I am talking about. I start out by working on a new product for a couple hours and then move on to writing an article for my newsletter. Next, I work on items related to my speed academy, and at the same time I am planning a new project. What The Phenomenom has done for me is comparable to exercising. When I first start training hard it is difficult to finish or I am completely warn out. But after a couple weeks it is no longer difficult for me to do the same amount of exercising- so I do a little more. Eventually, I adapt and keep progressing. My business is now run the same way. Several years ago it took me 2 days to write an article and another 3 days to outline a new product or business idea. That same amount of work now is now done before I finish my breakfast. It is all about working at a faster pace with attention to getting things done. I don't worry about the fine details. You have read my writing- does it look to you like I pay attention to details :)

I have set some huge personal, business, finacial, and family goals for 2008 and I know I will attain most if not all of them becasue I am working at a super fast pace. I owe much of it to my coaches that guide me week to week, but I also owe a bunch to Jenn (my wife) for helping me get things done. We have tag teamed our business for many years and through all the hills and valleys we have learned to do a pretty good job. We both work FAST- I am known as "the speed guy" you know...

Time to hit the hay

It is 10:40pm and I need to finish up and get ready for bed. I like to read just a little before I go to bed becasue it feeds my mind with positive messages- of course I read positve books. Catch you later.

Yours in speed,

Lee

PS: Click on over to http://www.athleticspeedformula.com/ to learn more about a system of training that has changed the way coaches and athletes train.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you like to read at night, like I do, can you suggest any good books???