Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Great Leadership!

Recently I sent out a survey asking you many questions about business, training, my service, what you want to learn, how you like information delivered, etc. The response was outstanding.

What I appreciated most was the honesty everyone shared with me. No one likes to be told they are wrong or are not doing a good job but it is important to hear. I had some responses that were good for me to hear. It allowed me to see my business through someone else's eyes.

I was humbled by many of the positive responses. The thing I am most proud of, and I know my wife Jenn is as well, is the positive comments we received about Sports Speed, Etc's customer service. My wife and I as well as our staff pride ourselves on working hard in this area. The only reason we are in business is because of people like you. Thank you!

More Feedback

We need your help once again. We are completeing another survey to find out some important information about a possible certification and a seminar series.

Woule you be interested in a Sports Speed, Etc./Lee Taft System certification on multi-directional speed and coaching techniques. I have been asked for many years to offer a certification. I have held off because I thought there were too many certifications the way it is. But I also know the value of having a certification to expand your resume, increase your salary, improve your insurance, and add credibility to your work. So, please let me know if this type pf certification would be of value to you.

Secondly, I am organizing several one or two day seminars this year around the country. If you would be interested in a sports specific or area focused seminar in your area please let us know. If you would like to be a host and have your facility marketed during a campaign to drive people to the seminar please let us know this as well.

To receive the expanded version of the survey, go to http://www.sportsspeedetc.com/ and sign up for the SSE Training Journal. It will be sent out tomorrow. Thank you for you support.

Great Leadership!

Last night I had the privilege of speaking to one of the most powerful volleyball clubs in the nation, Munciana. Munciana's organization is located in Munice, Indiana. The director of the program is Mike Lingenfelter.

Munciana has roughly 60 coaches and 350 athletes in the program. Many of their individual players are among the highest ranked players in the country. It is basically a program that builds great players and teams... The right way!

What impressed me the most was all the coaches were so attentive and eager to learn. I basically held the clinic in a big hallway at a school. My oldest daughter and two high level players from Munciana demonstrate for me. They were awesome! The coaches were focused and wanted to get better. It is not mistake that the best programs keep learning more than the lesser programs.

Mike is not only an accomplished volleyball coach, but he is an physical educator and an athletic development coach. He really knows his stuff and he passes his information on to his coaches. It is all about improving the program and the players within.

I can't say enough about what Mike has cultivated in the Munciana programs. He pushes education, focus, attention to detail, and setting up a situations where his and his coaches players can have success.

Leadership is one of the most important qualities a head coach, director of programs, and a team captain should posses. Athletes and coaches will fall in line and perform for someone who is leading them in the right direction. If a coach truly show he cares about the program and wants success throughout, then everyone else will usually follow.

Best of luck leading your athletes, coaches, and programs!

Yours in Speed,

Lee

PS: We have received many positive comments about the new Speed Insiders Newsletter. Members love the in-depth articles and tips throughout the multi-page newsletter. It is definitely a keepsake. Go to http://www.speedinsiders.com/ and receive your monthly newsletter, plus the additional benefits...Best of all you can try it out for 2 months FREE.

No comments: