Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Didn't Get Fired By Donald Trump but I did....

Big Family News!

Brennen rolled over today! I know it's not exciting news for you, but it is for us. He followed his roll over act with a small spit up out the side of his mouth. AH- special memories! Of course, the girls weren't here to see it because they were in school. So what do you think they wanted to do when they arrived home and heard he rolled over... You guessed it. They tried to get him to do it again. Of course he cried and that was that.

Hanging Out with Gene Simmons of Kiss!
As you know from my short quick email from Nashville, I listened to Gene Simmons speak (he was outstanding). He is so intelligent that it is jaw dropping. I was able to have my picture taken with him and actually spoke with him for a short bit. I congratulated him on his son earning all A's in college. He said "That is his Job- that is what he is suppose to do. He has no other responsibilities but to learn and get good grades." He then talked with me about a few other things- very cool man!

I Didn't Get Fired By the Donald
Not only did I meet Gene Simmons, but I also spent a short time with George Ross of the Apprentice and Donald Trumps right hand man. He is a great speaker with a super message about how to be a better negotiator. I really learned a lot from him. He was so gracious to spend a minute with me in the lobby while he and his wife were heading out. I really appreciate busy people taking the time to meet others.

Making The Decision To Be Great!

So often we want to look at all the reason around us as to why we didn't get certain results in our life. The people who become "Great" (this means different things to different people) stop making excuses and start taking action.

It took me a long time to take the next step in my development as a coach. I made many mistakes early on (I still do but I learn from them quicker now). The mistakes were mostly attributed to not being willing to invest in myself to get better. I tried to do everything myself and was too stubborn to invest in a clinic, DVDs, or products that could have helped me. Once I learned the quickest way to greatness is through constant education I took leaps and bounds into a higher level coach.

When I speak to my athletes about putting time and effort into being better. I explain to them this should be their way of investing in themselves. I tell them to stop making excuses and just do the work. There really are no short cuts. I still have athletes, and in many cases their parents, come to me and say "my son is getting any faster or my daughter isn't getting any quicker", My answer to them is let's look at how many times they have been showing up during the week to train. The majority of the time it's like 1 or maybe 2 times a week. This is not investing in themselves. This is an example of setting themselves up to fail.

A couple years ago I had an athlete that wanted to bet stronger but was only committed to come 2 times per week and he even missed one of those days every know and again. It seemed like every other week he was asking me to do a different program because he didn't feel the current one was working. After I read him the riot act for a few minutes, I let him know that I was no longer going to allow him to make excuses to me. I explained to him that he was never going to get the results he wanted because his goals way out shined his effort. Eventually he just stopped coming. Now, it didn't mean I didn't care about the young man. He just needed to know he was kidding himself and failed to invest in his results.

The Deadline is Approaching

In less than one week, my May Athletic Speed Formula Seminar Early Bird Special discount will be over and http://www.leetaftseminars.com/like last year... I had several people email or call saying it is too far or too expensive to commit to. I will have invested nearly $6200 this month alone in seminars, mastermind groups, and personal coaching just so I can get an edge and grow in my personal and business life. I have to laugh when I hear people say they can't afford to invest in themselves. Now, please understand me- I am not saying that there are times when you just can't afford to do something or you just don't have the time to commit...I totally understand. But when you truly want a change for the better you have to get out of your comfort zone and go for you goals and dreams. That means investing in travel and registration fees so you can attend top notch workshops, clinics, and seminars.

This years Athletic Speed Formula Seminar is going to be one of the best Athletic Development Events of the year. I have added more sessions to an already packed event. I listened to the suggestions of last years attendees and added what they wanted. If you are truly interested in my material and information I will be presenting, then you will not miss out on this live event. Time is running out quickly on the Early Bird Discount Special. After April 15, you will pay a much higher price. That is fine with me- but for your sake, I would rather you come at a lower rate. I really hope to see you there. It will be a smart investment into your future!

Yours in Speed,

Lee

PS: Don't forget to go to http://www.leetaftseminars.com/ and sign up before the Early Bird Special Deadline is over!

PPS: If you want to reseive a FREE day with Me the day before the Athletic Speed Formula go to http://www.speedinsiders.com/ and become a member. For 2 months FREE and you will receivet all the great membership benefits including the FREE DAY with me on May 15th.

No comments: