Friday, April 25, 2008

Travel, Travel, Travel...

Hey All,

I just arrived back home from NY. I went to my Speed Academy in Queensbury, NY for a few days to meet with some people and see the athletes and parents. I miss not seeing them all the time. Just prior to going to NY, I was in Chicago speaking at the Perform Better Summit, which was awesome as usual. On Monday I am flying to Las Vegas for a mastermind group I am apart of. I will also be attending a marketing boot camp. Basically, I am living on the road most of this month. It doesn't get any better next.

The important thing about all this travel is it is activity toward my goals from both a professional and personal standpoint. Each trip allows me to gain more knowledge and gets me closer to my goals. It is all about investing in myself. Sure I miss my children's and wife. It is difficult to be away from them. But they know what I am trying to do for them. I want our future to be as FREE as possible. I want to be able to spend all the time I want with them, so I have to put the work in now.

One of the difficult parts of this financial distress the US is in right now is that it has caused me not to have a lot of extra cash just floating around. My wife and I have to sacrifice a lot to keep our dreams alive. If I don't have the money for something, then I find it. I am not going to let excuses be the reason I don't get what I want and deserve. It really comes down to the fact that I am tired of the old excuses I use to make. I am convinced my success or lack of success in any time frame through out my life has been directly related to me using excuses or refusing to use excuses. I use to think other people had to play a bigger role in my success. I now know I AM THE ONLY ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SUCCESS! No one else is responsible for my financial success, happiness, freedom, or productivity. It all stops with me.

When I am sitting in the airport waiting for my flight I constantly remind myself this is an investment in my future. It is a good thing, not a bad thing. The troubles of going through the airport are just part of the deal for me to get where I want in life.

I am sharing this with you because I know so many people struggle to make the decision to part with money to attend seminars, to start a new product, or to invest in marketing materials. The bottom line is, you have to invest in these things if you want to get what you want. The excuses will keep you from attaining everything you want. I know, I have been there.

Marketing Clinics

I have spoken many time on marketing clinics and how powerful they are to gain access to schools, youth sporting organizations, or any program that might be interested in you hosting. Or you can use the marketing clinic to drive business to your training facility as I do.

The marketing clinic is a strategy to help the school or organization you are targeting because you will present them with valuable information they need and want. It will benefit you because it sets you up as an expert in the niche area that the school or organization is looking for.

The key is to know how to get to the schools and organizations. Once you get in then what do you do? How do you talk to the athletes and coaches in a way that is supporting them yet driving business toward you? I have always said that the reason my marketing clinics are so successful is because I never forget that the clinic is about them and not me. I make sure they get all the benefits and realize I am there for them. By the end of the marketing clinic, they know my interests are in them and if they want to keep this relationship going they will need to come see me at my facility or join one of my other clinics or camps.

Too often trainers attempting to get into schools or youth organizations make the clinic about them and make one huge mistake that will ruin there chances for ever getting in to the schools or youth organizations. I see it all the time. There are many other small mistakes that trainers make but nothing will ruin your chances more than this one big one...

In the coming months, I will be teaching my Speed Insider Members exclusive information about the business side of running speed clinics and an athletic development facility. Some of the strategies I will be sharing will uncover how you can make a lot of money, but more importantly build stability in your programs and business. This exclusive information, plus all the other great training information, videos, and cds, will be taken to a new level. Don't miss out! Go to http://www.speedinsiders.com/ and receive your 2 FREE months trail membership.

Yours in Speed,

Lee

PS: If you are looking for success and are tired of making excuses you need to come to my May 16-18th Athletic Speed Formula Seminar. It will jump start your career like nothing else. http://www.leetaftseminars.com/

No comments: