Thursday, February 28, 2008

Understanding The Obvious

Family Update

Hey, they family is doing awesome. Brennen is doing great. Man, is he a good sleeper. I have no idea where he gets it from. Jae and Bailee didn't sleep well at all as babies. It is real nice though.

Bailee basketball season is done and Jae has her last game Saturday. It went by so fast. It was fun to see them develop and have a good time with new friends. They both have volleyball coming up next at the YMCA. They love VB.

Jenn and I are working like crazy with so many big things going on. The Speed Academy is entering into a new phase with our membership program and is staying steady, the LeeTaft.com site is doing real well, and of course the highly anticipated Speed Insiders is ready to rock. More on that in a moment.

Understanding The Obvious

There are some thing that occur in athletic movement that are so natural yet refused to be understood by many. The body is so amazing at how it figures out correct positions instantly when called upon. The body needs no warm up or demonstrations, it needs no coaching, it doesn't need months of strength training- so what am I talking about- THE PLYO STEP. I have written and spoke on this topic more than any other by far. It amazes me how many still refuse to recognize that they have little if any control over this innate action of the body to better produce angles of acceleration.

I recently spoke at the NFL Combine Clinic and had an audience listen to me speak shortly on this topic. As usual several shook their heads in disagreement. Now I knew I would get a chance to prove it to them during the Hands on and boy did I. I had the entire group line up in an athletic stance as best they could. I told them exactly what they were going to do- take off and run for only 3-5 yrds on my command. When I said "GO" all of them 100%, each person in each line all did the plyo step- even the Non-believers. Then I told them to try as hard as possible to NOT take the plyo step when I say go- once again they all took the step-except one person who tried to fight it. Even on his own admittance it took him way too long and it was very uncomfortable. He literally took off after the group had taken 2-3 steps. See, he was trying to re-negotiate his badies strategy to move quickly and it failed him. So, Once again- people have got to start to understand that they have less control over the human body then they think- they need to embrace the natural abilities of the body and help to clean them up when needed.

Speed Insiders Is Ready to Explode

It has been a sprint preparing this program for everyone. All I can say is; if you have any interest in discovering new and valuable information to help improve your programs and athletes you must get involved with the Speed Insiders program. It is going to launch tonight 12:01 it is going live and you don't want to be late signing up or you will miss out on some great opportunities. Be sure to go to http://www.speedinsiders.com/ to get on the priority charter members list.

The Speed Insiders is going to move fast- If you become a member THIS COMING MONDAY it all starts. I told you it is going to be special. I am going to start out with one of the big bonuses to the charter members only that evening. You will not have to wait to start getting valuable information on training.

Let me tell you this- "It doesn't slow down after Monday either". You are going to be getting info quick and often.

Hey, serously- I don't want you to miss out on information that will make a huge difference in your results.

OK- I have to get running and will talk to you real soon. Still lot's of stuff to do before the Launch tonight at Midnight. Don't forget to go to http://www.speedinsiders.com/

Yours in Speed,

Lee
http://www.leetaft.com/
http://www.speedinsiders.com/

No comments: