Thursday, December 4, 2008

Strength Training

Quick Updates On Teleseminars

This month I have some big teleseminars planned. I am hosting a Basketball Speed Insiders exclusive teleseminar in just over a week. I will have some experts on the call with me who will be sharing some great information. If you want to take part in this call go to http://www.basketballspeedinsiders.com/ and sign up for a FREE month and you will be included in the tele-seminar.

Also, for all Speed Insiders there will be information about a Live Tele-Seminar next week as well. This will be a great time to ask any questions about training. I will also be sharing some important information about "Motor Programming". During the call I will be sharing with you a one time Holiday Offer you won't want to miss. This is only for Speed Insiders. If you want to be included in this teleseminar and recieve 2 months FREE trial go to http://www.speedinsiders.com/. Plus you are not going to want to miss new opportunities in 2009.

Finally, In a couple week I will be hosting a special tele-seminar with a close friend of mine on a special topic. It is something I have not done before and am really excited. Stay tuned for details. It is going to be awesome!

Strength Training

If you were to google right now and search for strength training you would find all kinds of information. There is so much information on the various methods and models of strength training that someone could easily get confused. Like I have said before; if you have a solid foundation of what you are attempting to accomplish you can develop a philosophy and build the type of strength training you need into your program.

I primarily work with multi-sport young athletes. I don't deal a lot with body builders or pure powerlifters. I deal with high school and younger athletes wanting to play better sports.

The other business and training philosophy I have adopted years ago is to train athletes in a small group setting. Because of this, I need a strength training program that is easily managed with groups.

Finally, because I have so many inexperienced lifters I need a system of teaching athletes the fundamental movement patterns for all the various patterns of strength development.

Knowing all of this, I can easily put together MY strength training system. Other coaches may have a completely different situation and can use other systems. THE KEY POINT IS TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH REGARDING YOU POPULATION, GROUP SIZE, AND TIME FRAMES AND BUILD YOU PROGRAM FROM THERE.

The other important consideration when designing a strength training program is to use the RISK-REWARD SCALE. I develop all my training according to this. I will not have athletes perform exercises I personally perceive as dangerous. Plus, if the reward is not real high but the risk is- I run the other way.

My job is to help athletes stay healthy so they can play sports. Secondly, I have to improve their performance. As long as I keep these simple principles in mind my strength training program thrives year after year and proves to churn out great results.

Before you start reading all the various strength training models know your needs and what you have in front of you. Take care of that stuff first and then the program will be easy to develop.

Yours in Speed,

Lee

PS: I really don't want you to miss the upcoming teleseminars. Go to http://www.speedinsiders.com/ and http://www.basketballspeedinsiders.com/. You will be glad you did.

No comments: